Pets to New Zealand Pet & animal transport to New Zealand
Depending on your destination, each country has their own very specific set of import veterinary requirements and we ask that you get in touch with us for the details but these are basic requirements (to our busiest destinations) that you need to know as well as some steps that you can do to do to ready your pet/s for their relocation:
- An import permit is required
- There will be 10 days of quarantine required at your chosen quarantine facility – there are 4 to choose from. 3 in Auckland and 1 in Christchurch
- Microchip (ISO approved)
- Rabies Vaccination (if this is the primary vaccination – it must be older than 6 months at the time of departure)
- 5 in 1 vaccination for dogs / 3 in 1 vaccination for cats
- Rabies Neutralising Antibody Titre Test (RNATT) is required (must be done at least 35 days after the Rabies vaccination).
- A three month waiting period from the date the blood is drawn for the RNATT
- The RNATT cannot be older than 24 months at time of travel
- RNATT can only be done at Onderstepoort (IDEXX is not accepted in New Zealand)
- Within 30 days of travel, there are final tests and treatments required. Please get in touch for the details.
What we can do for you More about our personalised worldwide pet travel service
Personalised Pet Travel
Looking to relocate with your pet/s?
We are reliable and affordable – get a quote from us and we’ll get back to you within 1 working day.