Pets to Australia Pet relocation to Australia
Depending on your destination, each country has its own very specific set of import veterinary requirements when traveling with your pet. We ask that you get in touch with us for the details but these are basic requirements (to our busiest destinations) that you need to know as well as some steps that you can do to do to ready your pets for their relocation:
Pet travel to Australia
- An import permit is required
- There will be 10 days of quarantine at the Mickleham Post Export Quarantine (PEQ) in Melbourne.
- Microchip (ISO approved)
- Rabies Vaccination
- 5 in 1 vaccination for dogs / 3 in 1 vaccination for cats
- Rabies Neutralising Antibody Titre Test (RNATT) is required (must be done at least 35 days after the Rabies vaccination).
- 180 day waiting period from the date the blood sample (for the RNATT) arrives at the Lab
- The RNATT cannot be older than 24 months at time of travel
- RNATT can only be done at Onderstepoort (IDEXX is not accepted in Australia)
- Within 14 days of travel, there are final tests and treatments required. Please get in touch for the details.
What we can do for you More about our personalised worldwide pet travel service
Personalised Pet Travel
Looking to relocate with your pet/s?
We are reliable and affordable – get a quote from us and we’ll get back to you within 1 working day.